Questioning the place your youngsters can rating free goodies this Halloween season? To your comfort, we compiled a listing of Trunk or Treats in our readership space.
Dad and mom, church buildings, companies and former trick-or-treaters band collectively to create enjoyable experiences for kids. Children go to from trunk to trunk and biz to biz to gather sweet, stickers, pencils, tattoos, certificates and different prizes.
Halloween tailgaters go all out and enhance their rides with spooky spider webs, monsters, witches, jack-o’-lantern lights, skeletons and different Halloween-themed objects.
Devoted grownup children get within the spirit and don costumes themselves whereas they showcase their reworked trunks. Many trunk or treats are only one furry arm of a beastly occasion. Some hosts embody actions like scary motion pictures, carnival-type video games, bonfires, automotive exhibits and costume contests for folks, automobiles, bikes and pets.
Chesterfield hang-out: Stroll the creepy pathFor those who dare, expertise eleventh annual Chesterfield hang-out: Last 12 months as walk-through thrill
Trunk or Treats [*unless otherwise indicated]
Now – Halloween
Friday, Oct. 21
- 5 – 7 p.m. Jack-o-Lantern Jamboree — Hopewell Neighborhood Heart, Hopewell [sensory-friendly, adaptable activities, ages 6 and under]
Saturday, Oct. 22
Sunday, Oct. 23
Tuesday, Oct. 25
Thursday, Oct. 27
Friday, Oct. 28
Saturday, Oct. 29
- 9 a.m.- midday – “Tract or Treat”, Petersburg — Presented by River Street Market
- Noon – 2 p.m. – “Trick or Treat” — Old Towne Petersburg Small Business — Loco Kitty, Blue Willow Tea Room, Salon Blis, The Apothic Company, Restored Cup, Antique Gallery of Petersburg, Cockade City Bistro, Longstreet’s Deli, Dixie Restaurant, Yoga One, Curl Up or Dye Salon, Abigail’s Antiques, Old Towne’s Alibi, Richard’s Trading Post, Becky Boo-tique, Tramonto Ristorante, Wabi Sabi, Andrade’s International Restaurant, Beaunuts, The Oak, Boppers Malt Shop, Buttery Baking House, Gracefully Chic, Appomattox Event Center, Old Towne Studio7, Konran, Retreat Salon & Spa, Maria’s at Old Towne, Petersburg Jeweler, Shut Yo Mouf Soulfood, Petersburg Area Art League
- Noon – 4 p.m. — Chester Small Business Halloween — A Pet’s Tale, RVA Cannabis, The Village Grill, Evolution Dance Center, Kat’s Hair Studio, Deux Amis Spa, O! So Chic, Burn Boot Camp, Front Door Realty, The Flowered Cheetah Modern & Vintage, Wells Realty, Hoo’s Pickin, The Elephant’s Trunk, She Chester Boutique, Native Sun Tan, Uncle Dave’s Kettle Korn, RC Health & Fitness, Wilson’s Graphics, Pockets of Time and New Visions Salon & Spa
- 11 a.m. – 4 p.m. – Colonial Harley-Davidson, Prince George
- 2 – 4 p.m. – St. Paul’s Episcopal Church, Petersburg
- 4-7 p.m. – Petersburg Sports Complex, Petersburg — Presented by City of Petersburg
- 5 – 7 p.m. – Deborah School of Dance, Petersburg
- 6-8 p.m. – “Table & Treat” — Alma Bella Academy, Chester [5-7 tables set up with games, crafts, and goodies. To sponsor a table, call 804-667-6933]
ArtoberFest at the Appomattox Iron WorksSave the date: Tri-Cities arts and culture showcase in historic Petersburg
Sunday, Oct. 30
- 11 a.m. – 1 p.m. – Enon Baptist Church, Chester [Fall Festival, also]
- 11 a.m. – 2 p.m. – Weston Manor, Hopewell — Presented by Hopewell Police Department, City of Hopewell Sheriff’s Office, 7-Eleven and Hopewell Prince George Healthy Families
- 5 – 7 p.m. – Naturally Unique Beauty, Colonial Heights [Salon of Terror, also]
Halloween — Monday, Oct. 31
Add your Trunk or Treat / Halloween event in the comments section below this story posted on our The Progress-Index Facebook. Visit hosts’ websites and social media platforms for event information and directions. Read this story online at progress-index.com for hyperlinks.
Petersburg restaurant closes its doorsOld Towne diners sad: ‘I’m still in shock! I absolutely love this eatery’ — Okevia Harris
VSU faculty members present gallery showArt exhibit bound to intrigue, enlighten: Ten artists display masterpieces
— Kristi K. Higgins aka The Social Butterfly columnist is the trending topics and food Q&A reporter at The Progress-Index. Have a news tip on local trends or businesses? Contact Kristi (she, her) at [email protected], follow @KHiggins_PI on Twitter @socialbutterflykristi on Instagram.
Your assist is important to native journalism. Please subscribe.